My Confession

You may also like...

26 Responses

1. Robbie says:

Great post -really like the parental analogy. Its a great explanation for why we in hr have been so slow to embrace a set of tools that make recruitment, engagement change, learning and most of our jobs significantly easier.

• Melissa says:

Thanks for the comment Robbie. As I\’ve progressed in my career I\’ve seen a LOT of resistance to change. Sometimes I think people are scared of change because the results are an unknown. We can say what could happen but we have no way of guaranteeing that. HR is not the place for people who are reticent or only see things in black and white.

2. susan avello says:

Great post Melissa. I’m glad you jumped on the bandwagon cause I probably would never have connected with you and you add so much value not only to my little world, but to the HR community.

• Melissa says:

Susan, thank you for the kind words. It\’s been great to network with so many great people (such as yourself), my next step is meeting IRL.

3. Greg Blencoe says:

Melissa,

I think there is often resistance to social media from people who don’t really understand it.

For example, I know I didn’t “get” Twitter when I first heard about it. But once I started using it, I gained a much better understanding of how it can be really useful.

This was one of my favorite parts of the post:

“With those connections comes an amazing diversity of thoughts, opinions and best practices.”

I completely agree. Social media can help you can learn so much by connecting with other people and their opinions, ideas, etc.

• Melissa says:

Thanks for the comment Greg. Like you, I had similar suspicions about Twitter and other social media platforms but can\’t see myself without them now.